Why Testosterone Replacement Therapy?
Some signs of LOW testosterone are:
- Loss of enthusiasm
- Weight gain around the middle
- Depressed mood
- Lack of energy
- Low sex drive.
As you get older, your body will go through some changes that you might expect. Perhaps you won’t be as lively as you once were or you might put on some weight. You may even notice a gradual loss of sex drive. But what if this isn’t just down to aging?
Low testosterone (also called hypogonadism) is a hormonal change that affects one in five men between the ages of 50 and 70. It’s defined as having some of the typical symptoms detailed below, combined with a low level of the male hormone, testosterone.
Why do we need testosterone anyway?
Testosterone is an essential hormone.
Testosterone is important for a number of reasons. It enables a man to achieve an erection and experience sexual desire. It’s also important for your muscles, bones, mood and energy level.
If you have a low testosterone level, you could be at risk of developing erectile dysfunction (ED) and type 2 diabetes. Raising the level of testosterone in the body and maintaining it has been shown to effectively reduce these risks.
Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) helps to:
- Stimulate sperm count -Increase your reproductive system and double your ejaculation semen load.
- Stimulate and maintain function – Majority of men have an increase in libido when their testosterone levels are high.
- Increase muscle mass – Restore lost muscle mass, increase lean muscle and decrease body fat.
What is a healthy Testosterone level?
Just like your cholesterol or blood pressure, there is a numerical range of testosterone levels that are considered normal. The brain and the testicles work together to keep testosterone in this range. When levels of testosterone are below normal, the brain signals the testicles to make more.
When testosterone levels reach a normal level, the brain signals the testicles to make less. There are two types of Testosterone tests which need to be performed in order to have an accurate read.
- Total Testosterone measures the amount of testosterone in your blood.
This measurement represents the amount of T your body is producing
- Free Testosterone measures the amount of testosterone that can be used by the body.
- The Clinic targets the upper normal range, known as the optimal range, of Testosterone (T) with special attention to Free Testosterone levels
What are the benefits of Testosterone Replacement Therapy?
As many of you may already know, testosterone is a steroid hormone that plays a huge role in developing male sexual characteristics.
It has anabolic effects such as increasing muscle mass, strength and bone density along with androgenic effects like helping sex organs mature, deepening the voice and promoting body hair growth.
Some benefits of a normal testosterone level are:
- Improve memory
- Reduce Alzheimer’s Risk
- Improve cognitive function
- TRT can help alleviate depression
- Lower Risk of Heart Disease by 60%
- Increase lifespan
Get boost up
15,000 baht with blood test included